Why Anti-virus isn’t enough
Security used to be easy. You installed antivirus (AV) solutions, trained employees not to click on unknown links, and kept software and websites up to date. In the modern world, cyber threats morph and multiply daily. Unfortunately, traditional antivirus programs that operate on signatures cannot adequately defend against some of the most hazardous cyber threats. AV requires you to keep up to date with the latest AV signatures. This can leave a lag in coverage if AV doesn’t have the latest virus definitions or if the endpoint is attacked by an emerging threat.
To protect against modern cyber security threats, you must adopt a multi-layered approach to security. By overlapping multiple security controls, you can mitigate the risk of falling victim to threats—including polymorphic malware, weaponised documents and more.
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) is designed to prevent, detect, and respond to evolving cyber threats to your endpoints. It goes beyond traditional antivirus via a signatureless approach—that means no waiting for recurring scans or updates to signature definitions. And in the event of an attack, EDR can take steps to help contain the threat, reverse the effects, and automatically roll back the endpoint or compromised files to a healthy state. In today’s world, it’s not enough to stay current on cyber threats; you have to stay ahead of them.
What is Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)?
EDR is designed to prevent, detect, and respond to evolving cyber threats to your endpoints. EDR takes a signatureless approach and uses artificial intelligence to detect unusual behaviour that could indicate malicious activity. This gives users more proactive protection, helping them detect threats that AV vendors may not even be aware of yet. Plus, EDR protects against more than just viruses, including fileless malware attacks and weaponised documents. In the event of an attack, EDR can take steps to help contain the threat, reverse the effects, and automatically roll back the endpoint or compromised files to a healthy state.
Why choose EDR?
Choose EDR to protect your network from the onslaught of new attacks. EDR is a powerful tool designed specifically for remote workers.
Prevent Cyber attacks
- Near real-time file analysis: The system analyses files continuously, replacing time-intensive recurring scans.
- Signatureless approach: Fight back against the latest threats without having to wait for daily definition updates.
- Offline protection: Artificial intelligence data is stored on the endpoint to help keep it protected while offline.
- Machine learning: The system determines how to best respond to threats and adjusts those responses over time.
- Autonomous action: Set policies to automatically neutralize threats at the endpoint.
- Behavioural artificial intelligence engines: Harness AI engines that analyse multiple data points to identify threats and determine if a response is necessary.
- Near real-time alerts: Receive alerts whenever a threat is detected or neutralised..
- Executive insight and key findings: See aggregated data on threats—current number of active threats, number of threats found in a specified time period—and review threats and fixes over time.
- Forensics: See an overview and the storyline of an attack so you can quickly understand the threat.
- Threat summaries: Review information on specific threats, such as dates they were identified, dates they were reported, and their file names.
Take Advantage of Automation
- Custom policies: Policies can be tailored to include allow/block USB, allow/block endpoint traffic, and specify the best automated response.
- Multiple recovery options: Ability to choose your preferred recovery option after attacks—from partial recoveries to fully-automated responses.
- Enhanced quarantine: Select the “Disconnect from Network” option to prevent machines from further infecting the network.
- Automatic rollback: Attacks are automatically contained and neutralised, and compromised files are automatically replaced by the last known healthy version (Windows OS only).
Endpoint Detection and Response is included as standard in our M365 Secure Support Package
Contact a member of the team at Lugo to discuss your cyber security requirements and discuss the benefits of EDR.
Telephone: 0330 024 2242